Travel Prep for your Car and Float
With the longer holidays coming, the horse floats specialists at Trailer Tech have come up with a checklist for your car and float o make sure you and your horse travel safely.
- Check tyre pressure and inflate tyres if needed
- Check for wear and bald spots on tyres
- Book in for a full service and safety check, OR
- Check water, brake and transmission fluids and top up if necessary
- Fill petrol tank and make sure the gauge is working properly
- Subscribe to a 24 hour breakdown service, just in case
- Don’t overload with unnecessary items or exceed towing capacity
- Test lights and indicators are working
- Check electric brakes
By ensuring your car and float are mechanically safe will ensure a safe and happy trip for you and your faithful equine buddy.